I Forge Iron

RMS workshop: Bowls

Thanks for the pics Rory it looks like a good day for sure!

I only see one guy wearing hearing protection do you guys use bull horns or sign language at meetings? Maybe the club moto is. . . HUH? :huh:

Seriously though, I'm thinking I'll have to make some shaping tools for my little air hammer. I'd love to turn out some pieces like you show.

Well done.

Frosty the lucky.

I only see one guy wearing hearing protection do you guys use bull horns or sign language at meetings? Maybe the club moto is. . . HUH? :huh:

Frost man -I see everyone in the first photo with some kind of hearing protection. Are you still a little fuzzy? :rolleyes: Oh by the the way, now that your are mostly back what are you asking for your chain saw? :P -grant

that looks great rory i never seen bowls made like that -what are all the air tools? i love the little gift the tool left on your bowl too - lookin good!! thanks for posting :) can you do it with a fly press?

lol Everyone did have ear plugs in, though we were still saying "WHAT!"

Nice work Rory, who's shop? Do your know Morris Hallowell of NRBA?

This was Scott Kretschmer's shop in Loveland, Colorado and no I dont know Mirris Hollowell. :(

that looks great rory i never seen bowls made like that -what are all the air tools? i love the little gift the tool left on your bowl too - lookin good!! thanks for posting :) can you do it with a fly press?

Here is a link from youngdylan on the some hammers http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/rivetgun2602.php

I believe we had a Chicago Pneumatic brand. I am sure you could do this with a fly press as well, depending on the stroke but could get around that with some creative tooling. The press Scott used was a 25ton and with the 1/4" plate for the bowl. We have a 50 ton at the shop that I am eager to try when things slow down.