I Forge Iron

wifes boot dagger

ironarm knives

OK just wanted to show you my last knife ,i made this for the wife made matching ring also but have not finished it yet this little boot knife is for her to have at her civil war reenactments and for the truck door ,its got a 4 1/4" blade and 10 1/2" overall about 50 layers of L-6 1095 hope you like .it is hollow ground with a 1 1/4" wheel.

Clint
www.ironarmknives.com

19829.attach

19830.attach

19831.attach

19832.attach

It's truly a lovely knife and very well done; but Civil War? There were some Gold Rush knives that are not too far off but the styling on that one is definitely modern!

if i remember right they've be making damascus for like 1000's of years who to say someone in 1860's didn't have a damascus dagger LOL its more for the wife's boot no one will ever see it until she shows them and i figured it would be a good knife to get other people to want one of my knives.and she has it in the truck most of the time wouldn't want her carrying some 10"bowie around now would we.but yes she does have a 10" bowie also and a sword and two pistols .

It is a beautiful knife; but it is not one that would have been seen in the ACW , Your reasoning is rather specious: they had been making knives out of chipped flint thousands of years longer; would you expect to see one in a civil war battle field? Matchlock Muskets had been around for centuries, you see any of them used in a ACW battle? It's based on the impossibility of proving a negative. However it's the type of reasoning that gets a lot of people sneered at in LH groups.

I've been involved in LH groups for around 31 years now and a lot of ones would not allow that blade to be borne on the field. Hard to show it off if you have to leave it in the car. I'd suggest making her a smashing version of a documented blade that can be whipped out and passed around when LH groups get together making everyone who sees it jealous---perhaps for Valentines Day?

It is a beautiful knife; but it is not one that would have been seen in the ACW , Your reasoning is rather specious: they had been making knives out of chipped flint thousands of years longer; would you expect to see one in a civil war battle field? Matchlock Muskets had been around for centuries, you see any of them used in a ACW battle? It's based on the impossibility of proving a negative. However it's the type of reasoning that gets a lot of people sneered at in LH groups.

I've been involved in LH groups for around 31 years now and a lot of ones would not allow that blade to be borne on the field. Hard to show it off if you have to leave it in the car. I'd suggest making her a smashing version of a documented blade that can be whipped out and passed around when LH groups get together making everyone who sees it jealous---perhaps for Valentines Day?

don't mean to be rude but your the type of people that makes me not do the civil war stuff just to stuffy about the whole thing i've seen every type of gun knife weapon on civil war battle fields i'm sure they even used stick and stones to kill with ,LOL my wife does have a bowie"smashing period corect",sword 1862 ammes,three 1858 rems,and rides in a texas cal.group who uses cowboy stuff,so this little boot knife wont hurt anything and your right when out on the field none of them take there knives but when there walking around camp they just have fun,then there them guys that are running around yelling thats not right this aint right most of the time we just laugh at them people.its just a knife chill out .my kid rides also she the bugler and she has her sword and knife all period correct, shes 13 ,But i just cant handle the crap of some people having to be just right.so i don't do the civil war stuff.just stay home and make knives . Edited by ironarm knives