I Forge Iron

My mosaic Damask steel from Russia

demid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

From my mosaic Damascus steel, I do exclusive jewelry, such as bracelets. Used only forge - the hearth welding. Two bracelets from the wild and crankshaft Damascus. The third is called: "Flowers on the inside. "

post-11816-0-91993100-1303549403_thumb.j

post-11816-0-83136700-1303549818_thumb.j

post-11816-0-78597000-1303549928_thumb.j

Very nice work Demid ! I'm glad this post came back to the top because I somehow missed it until now . Great patterns and examples ! Have you used a hydraulic press to form your billets ? Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Dick

Mick, Dick hello! My name is Vladimir. Thank you for your appreciation of my work. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I make Damascus more than 10 years, began in 1998. Only use an air hammer. Hydraulic press No, but plan to do.

• 4 months later...

vladimir your work is in another orbit!! but i know WHY when i read the way you talk about the work- i can hear how creatively happy you are, and that you are on a journey with the work that you really love - and we can all benefit from hearing about that - your creative thinking/process as well as your technical skill, although when you master something like you have, the two become one, and even more than the sum of the parts. the close ups look like microscopic patterns in nature, tiny set jewels with beautiful natural symmetry, it must be very exciting to see your idea emerge each time.. very compulsive!! i shake your hand from england! :)

Many thanks to my friends! Your feedback is warmed my heart. Each alone is on its way of life. If what you do, resonates with other people, what more could you want? Thanks to you for the next half a year of optimism I provided! Beth, I shake your hand from St. Petersburg. The magnificent speech on you!

• 4 months later...

Great work! Is this your own shop or do you work for someone? If your own shop do you have others that work for you? How's business? What is the majority of work that you do?
Hope you don't mind all of the questions. Interesting to see how others make a living and produce work.