I Forge Iron

The new B

Hi my name is Dave Lisch I am a blacksmith and a Blade smith. my friend Larry told me about this so I thought I would check it out. about me well I make my living one job at a time if I get caught up I make knives. my wife works with me and now and then i will bring on a helper for a day or two. I have 3 Hammers 50 a 165 and a 330 I make all my own forges. I have bean a blacksmith for 15 years. and I started welding 35 years ago I just turned 50. I will post a pic or two when I have put enough time in to do so.

Well it is about time you decided to show your ugly face in this forum Dave. Folks let me tell you a little about Dave. In MHO he is one of the premier smiths in the Pacific Northwest. I met Dave a few years ago and his smithing talents continue to amaze me. Dave was already a knifemaker when we met but his work has come light years ahead in a remarkably short period of time. Last year Dave earned his journeyman status with the American Bladesmith Society and in my opinion is on a fast track to earn the coveted Master status. I am proud to call him a good friend (even if he is ugly, short, and fat).

I'll second that Bill! I'll also add that not only is Dave inspiring (I took my first class in Daves shop). He is about as rock solid and good of guy you will ever meet. Dave works his tail off promoting the craft and our local NWBA his wife Andrea is also a full time smith and together make an outstanding team. Glad you stuck your head in brother!

Thanks Bill and Larry I am just looking for a place to talk about the craft I love with people that understand why I love it so much good to be hear I think I will go look around

Welcome aboard Dave, glad to have ya. I'd read some of your other posts and thought here's a guy worth listening to but had no idea who you are.

Very nice blades for sure. Best of all, if you were looking for a place to talk to folk who know why you love having your way with hot steel.

Welcome home, Frosty