I Forge Iron

Steel gargoyle

Senft

Thanks! It's mostly 1/8" sheet, some 3/16", some forged 1-1/4 round etc.
Brick layup forge and burners get reconfigured as needed. burners are installed on sliding rail, add as many as needed. It will actually be a light over a townhouse entry door- a floodlight will go inside the mouth, this being the reason for pitbull size head. It will sit on a sort of art nouveau looking forged pedestal. This is already mostly done, picture attached.

16856.attach

16857.attach

The pedestal is very attractive in a kind of creepy way. The closer I look the more disturbing the leaves (I HOPE they're leaves!) look. The textured elements look like some sort of living or maybe just not quite dead thing and the tight reverse scrolls look like coiled tentacles just waiting to grab someone. . . ME! :o

You are going to fit right in around here. Looking forward to more pictures with great anticipation.

Frosty

Pattern on the bars is just power hammer texturing- started as round, forged to square, then put facets on the edges. After going through that I think next time it should be more random and aggressive texture like natural vines.

Thanks Frosty, I really didn't start out with any clear plan- just made up as I went along. First time I've tried anything like this (the pedestal/ wall bracket part). Am learning a few things in the process that I hope I remember next time.

A first go at something like this eh?

Well, that's good testimony for learning how to blacksmith before taking on complicated projects. Your skill and mastery of the processes is evident in the quality of the product. Without the skills set it would take forever and not be so nearly balanced and attractive.

Well done, thanks for sharing.

Frosty

• 2 months later...