I Forge Iron

New kids in the barn

Frosty

Kidding's the order of the day this time of year around here. It's my favorite time of year, Deb turned them loose day before yesterday so they have the pasture to roam now. A person just can't stay in a bad mood with them around, just watch for a bit and you're grinning. If you're really feeling down just go out and sit down, sooner than that you'll have a lap full of baby goats and a big grin.

It's a good thing.

Frosty

And when they start on solid food and you give them a bunch of corn the sugar gets them all wound up. Goat Watching was a favorite activity at the FIL's place for a while.

Those look like they were just liking the noise the floor made when they jumped on it, now give them something to climb and lookout. Father in law had one that would ride on the Donkeys back....

And then there is Tennessee "Fainting goats" always a crowd pleaser...their legs lock up when startled or excited, and they fall over....

Edited by unkle spike

Right you are Jeff, they were tap dancing on the OSB covered pallet. Till then the best noise maker they had was an upside down food dish. They have a good sized boulder studded "hill" in the pasture along with ramps, cable spools and other various things to climb on, jump off and play teeter totter on.

We don't give them corn it's mostly just empty calories and proper conditioning is really important to breeding and showing. Besides, they're active enough on hay a bit of grain and water to keep a person entertained.

I won't comment on people who would deliberately breed for a genetic disorder to produce the fainting goats. Okay, I can't say a little without saying enough. I disapprove intensely but it's a free country.

Frosty

Frosty, I just loved the kids!!! You are right it just puts a smile on your face. I would not get any work done there, I would want to play with the little guys. I am really a farm kid who is stuck in the Burbs, so Post more videos. Tell Deb she is making a lot of folks smile with those videos!
Tim