I Forge Iron

Blacksmith wanted

I have to say I'm surprised how this thread has evolved.

Zarc came here with a simple request and was quickly lambasted by numerous members. Some was constructive, some was not. I would have thought one member suggesting he clarify his posting would be enough.

He has not made excuses but rather explained why he posted in the fashion that he did. We know nothing of his history or situation, or whether he has tried or is trying to do anything about it. We also don't know what resources he has at his disposal. Is his condition treatable? Don't just pass him off as a lazy teenager that knows better but doesn't care.

I think the old addage still holds true. Don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes.

I also think it's admirable that many members have relayed similar experiences.
It's good to see that we are all human. For the member (nts), that offered to proof read Zarc's applications that is also a very noble gesture.

This forum can pride itself with how accepting and supportive most of it's members are. That's why I'm surprised with how quickly this went from a post looking for an apprentice position to 3 pages of how Zarc is doing things wrong.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank's everyone and sorry i snapped a bit, it brings back a few bad school memories so i didnt mean to go all defensive, but hey we all have our issues.
Thanks for the support, i do understand you were all trying to help and so i'm working on my spelling and grammar.
I'll let you know a bit more about me, nothing too personal mind.
I'm 19 and i shall not talk about school, so i'll move straight to college.
I went from school to BHASVIC college where i retook maths, english, science and took up humanitys all at GCSE and passed with C, D, C, B (in the order i said above.)
I originaly went to BASVIC to eventuly study palientoligy, but did the metalsmithing taster day at plumpton and fell madly in love with forgeing.
I then went to plumpton to do the intermediate deploma in metalsmithing and passed, I then stayed to do the whole two year course, but dropped out for personal reasons.
I,ve been diagnosed with dyslexia and recently diagnosed with ADHD, as i don't agree with pill's, so ive been doing Cognative Behavereal Therapy to overcome the weak points of my ADHD.
I love makeing and painting warhammer, seeing the world, forgeing, mountineering, nice views and the countryside, i'm a bit of an adreniline junky and i'm trying to learn Japanese.
I love Japan, its culture, history and the country in general.
I've a very dark politically incorrect humour.
My argument for this is always look on the bright side of life. :)
I love martial arts, currently the one im doing in genbukan nimpo a very traditional Japanese form of ninjitsu.
The music I'm into is industrial, old school punk E.G. crass, pre war (1930s) stuff, Japanese music, classical, rock and well generaly anything with passion and a good beat. I'd say that's an ok overview of me in brief, maybe not a mile in my shoes but you get the gist.

People looking for help are seldom looking for help forging dwarven axes or elvin swords.Frosty

ROFL!!!!!

Seriously though - he's right. I'd start by checking in your local area or join BABA (British Artist Blacksmith Association) they can get you in touch with other smiths probably even in your neck of Middle Earth(sorry, couldn't resist).

Zarcon-
Glad to see we didn't scare you off. Your bio was a pleasure to read. Thank you for that!
I truely hope we hear more from you with regard to apprenticship, projects and what ever you feel like sharing. Definatly joint BABA and look high and low for a shop to just hang out in. Sometimes asking for a job isn't enough. You have to create it and take it. I've done that in a few places I new I needed to work because of the projects they had going. Made myself indespencable:)
Good luck!

Don't worry about the middle earth joke. It's a good one XD,It's a nice change to being called something out of star wars LOL.
I will join BABA. I did find several shops where the people in them seemed to really get on with me. But i just don't like being in the way, if you know what i mean, if im not working there i feel like im intrudeing on there work. But ill think about it, rack me brains a bit. I will get there just got to be persistant. :)
It's a shame you cant get a rent-a-forge, where you get all the equipment and resorces you need and just pay by the hour.

Edited by Zarc