I Forge Iron

hillbillies

brucegodlesky

Still about a foot on the ground here but the temps been in the 40's today so it's going fast. Still it won't be greening up for a month or so.

Does living in the Valley make me a valleybillie? Maybe a dalebillie?

Maybe I don't qualify at all, my parent's weren't related.

Frosty

I used to live in the south and I've lived in the hills. I live an easy drive from the hills now, can see REAL mountains from here, some are even spewing molten rock and ash as I speak and if it's clear I can see it from the hills. I have my own patch of woods, some critters to feed and mess with, a shop, no building codes to scorn.

Best of all there aren't many backwuhds suthnus to try interpreting hereabouts. :rolleyes:

It's a little slice of heaven. :D

Frosty

Well, I know the first time I went through the Ozark "Mountains" I was clean into Iowa before I realized I had been looking at them for the last 350 miles. I grew up at 6000 feet in Colorado and that didn't qualify as mountains. If you didn't pass out at least once a week from oxygen starvation, you were considered a flatlander.

Last time I saw them available at Pike Place Market, they were going for $20 for a bundle about a third the size of a bundle of spinach from a conventional grocery store.

Wild foods are funny, they're either free or incredibly expensive.