I Forge Iron

An Encabulator...You never know when one will come in handy

Alan Evans

:) The original script was apparently written by the actor who was used for many technical film voice overs...he didn't understand a word of what he was saying so came up with the script in order to share his puzzlement...

I  came across this on another forum this evening and thought it too good not to be shared. If you look at the associated YouTube films there are a lot of variations, including the original.

Alan

Man, I don't know how he did it with a straight face! Yeah, a lot of big words.....

Littleblacksmith

It was posted here a while back. IIRC he was a professional narrator who almost never understood what he was hired to say. A perfect illustration of life as a talking head.

I have it bookmarked somewhere but changed browsers and it refuses to transfer my bookmarks. 

Frosty The Lucky.

If you've never seen the original version, you should watch that too. Slightly different ending.

The filmmaker's story of how this came to be is pretty funny:

"This is the first time Turbo Encabulator was recorded with picture. I shot this in the late 70's at Regan Studios in Detroit on 16mm film. The narrator and writer is Bud Haggert. He was the top voice-over talent on technical films. He wrote the script because he rarely understood the technical copy he was asked to read and felt he shouldn't be alone. We had just finished a production for GMC Trucks and Bud asked since this was the perfect setting could we film his Turbo Encabulator script. [,,,]. Dave Rondot (me) was the director and John Choate was the DP on this production. The first laugh at the end is mine. My hat's off to Bud a true talent."