I Forge Iron

Type & year of Anvil found in garage.

It looks to me that the serial # is A64105.  If that is correct, the anvil was forged in 1906.  If the 1 is not in the middle, and the #6405 is correct, it is from 1899.

Trenton anvil were made by the Columbus Forge and Anvil Co, in Ohio.

What is it worth?  Depends on condition....where it is located....and most importantly:  What would you accept $$ wise to part with it??

If you read all  the posts on this forum under anvils you will see a hundred discussions on value of anvils.  As stated above the true value is what you would accept for it and what the buyer will give you.  It can be a spread from $1 to $8-9 a pound.  If you are going to keep it put it to work and enjoy it and don't worry what it's worth.  Mine is worth a million  bucks to me as I also  know it's history and I'm the third owner in about 100 yrs. and it's still in the same town and about 3 miles from where it arrived brand new. 

Price is hard to nail down due to many factors IE; location, condition, repairs, rebound, delamination, weight, maker, etc That anvil appears to have a bit of chipping along the edges , so it isn't pristine. Age really doesn't matter in regards to cost, unless it is pre1800 or older. Then it may have a little more value just due to rarity for a collector. My main anvil is a 1907 Fisher.  For an estate value you can review the SELLING prices of anvils in the weight range of that one, then take an average.  Anvils 400#+ start getting a premium due to rarity.  As mentioned above it can run from the 1$ a pound I have paid for all of my anvils to $10 a pound others have paid if everything was just right. 

Edited by BIGGUNDOCTOR

Nice one! Appears to have been one of those combination use anvils that were popular around that era. It is a nice product of what you get when you mate a horseshoers anvil to a general smithing anvil. 2 pritchel holes and a big horn from the shoeing side of the family but no cliphorn and a flat cutting table from general smithing.

Very nice. Wish they were still being made like that. Enjoy it. It's a good one.

George