I Forge Iron

is there a gunsmith in the house?

Browning 1919A4's, I sell the parts in my business for home builders. To be built as semi auto's..There are 50 pictured. Its metal, so it counts :) . Some of the things I make requires some blacksmith work also, I make the mounts for these and the 50BMG's to. I figured most folks that like blacksmithing like guns to..

Any straight-pull versions available? My authoritarian government thinks it knows better than me and won't let me have semi-auto rifles except in .22 rimfire calibres. Purdy guns though... shame YOUR government thinks it knows better than YOU and won't allow registrations of new MGs! :D

on the bullet thing, some states are trying to say they have to be micro stamped, and all ammo has to be destroyed if not. I doubt it will ever fly. the 1919 comes with everything but the rt side plate, to build a legal semi auto, you need to machine the internal parts for semi only, thats about $100.00, a trigger and sear is $115.00, a semi only sideplate is about $150.00 and up, I dont sell that part as it is a FFL item, They are available at many places. you will need rivets, and tools to build it. it is a fun project. no you do not have to send it to the atf for aproval, yes it is legal to build your own firearm, so long as it is not a full auto, nor can be readily converted into one. you can save a few hundred dollars by doing it yourself. these can be bought done for around $1400.00 and up. You will also need to parkerize it or duracoat it to make it purdy.. I notice parkerizing is not one of the finnishes to many here may use. it is easy to do and gives a great rust resistant finnish. if there is any intrest in it I can show you how its done some time.. Jeff

$500? For a 1919? Is it the whole gun or just parts? If it's the whole thing, sign me up! haha

I live in the people's democratic republic of Kalifornia so it might be a problem. I know they're legal here, my friend has one but I'm not sure about shipping. Are you an FFL?

all parts can ship to you, you will need to get the rt sideplate from your dealer who is a FFL

• 2 weeks later...

In Illinois, they are trying to ban ALL guns 50cal and larger. That WILL affect A LOT of the muzzleloaders, too. I have several in 50 and a 62 smoothbore flinter. A buddy of mine has a 69cal smoothbore flinter. As long as we can find soft lead, we can make our own black powder, if need be!!

Edited by CurlyGeorge