I Forge Iron

Anyone ever seen a forge like this?

R.C.Edmondson

I don't use a coal forge so I am no expert but it appears to be made using a cut out 55 Gal. drum. The tyer (sp?) and blower look like standard coal forge equipment. How much do they want for it? If it's more than the cost of a hand crank blower and tyer I would say probably not. But if it's a good price, go for it. You can always move the blower and tyer to a different forge body.

I started off with one similar, only it was a back blast and not bottom as in picture. The hand crank is a bit of a pain as you do not get a rest between heats:D but they do have their place, demo's etc. as they are portable, they used to be popular in the shipyards or army for rivetting.
FWIW I was pleased to see the back of mine:D

By looking at the picture the top once unmounted will sit on the ground without damage to the tueyre. Also the bottom which when connected to the top is used as the ash dump container, will fit over the top part. The blower and mount will fit inside.

This will make a great demo forge. As has been said above make sure you check for rust. If it is thin metal, make sure you line it with clay or refactory cement. Run the blower to make sure it turns easily.

from the pic hard to tell anything about it since the pot is most important. Dont see a klinker breaker and wondering how the trap on the bottom works to clean out the pot. Is that a shelf right under it? It might be difficult to clean out your fire. If its cheap you can always fix it. I know blowers are getting hard to find where I am at.