I Forge Iron

Hey, i have quite an extensive collection of knives ive made and am wondering if there are any laws in ontario against the making, selling, collecting Knives. any permits needed for forging and other stuff? any help would be appreciated as i dont want to have my collection suddenly impounded, or to do anything against the law.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I'd heard that. First they have you sign up when ever you buy a new gun then they will have you sign up for buying ammo for you old gun. Next on the list is to limit the number of rounds that you can have at one time, then the number of guns you can have. Then come the buy back program. Then comes amnesty for not selling them back. Then you are brought to trial. So you got to work to take care of your family and there is a question on the application: Do you or any of your family members own any firearms? Well now if you answer "Yes" you don't get the job or you wife or your children. The same goes for any other services. Say your folks need to go to a nursing home. There will be that question. It will be used to deny you services, jobs, housing, anything because you might go postal on them. So what are you going to do? Get rid of the gun or hid it? If you hid and they find you with then it will be a prison term. Then after guns are mostly gone they will start on knives, then bats, then..............:o

I supose you are right as far as buying new guns goes. My guns are passed down from ancestors along with all the reloading supplys. Also niether of my parents will ever rot in a rest home. And if it gets that bad as to where I cant work if I own a gun then I will feed my family with my gun just like those same guns were used for when they were new. Like the song says a country boy can survive. The Lord will supply my needs.

Edited by Confederate Forge

I think that you should be OK as long as you're not drawing attention to it in the "wrong" way.

By the 'wrong" way....selling to kids under 19, holding up liquor stores, throwing at people tied to big circular targets...

Seriously though, there is no regulation about the fabrication and selling of knives and other edged items, just be careful of who you sell to.

The motto of beg forgiveness rather than ask permission is a good one if you don't want to go through the tax registration process.

Whatever you do....do not call City Hall....This will only end badly in a sea red tape.

• 3 months later...