I Forge Iron

What size mig

And i have plenty of time, i just dont handle any type of delay. It makes me snap. Its why i stay here.This glowing personality only really comes out when people move slower than i can handle, and i have no issue yelling at strangers, regardless of their size. It would suck to receive good training and only be able to stay in a mood to say thanks. Thats not me. Any idea on a workmen that carries a welder amd 20 amp fuse on their truck. We have alot of home construction close.

Thanks guys, and im 48 or 49. April 76. They threw the bicentennial for me. 

Thanks

Now a 9 year old wont know what a bicentennial even is. I got special pennies made for my arrival

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hot spots are usually under the burner, but every forge is different. On my two burner gas forge, when it’s cranked up high, there is a small cold spot directly below the burners. It’s a tunnel forge that doesn’t have a lot of height, so the gas isn’t all burnt when it hits the floor and actually cools a two small spots…

Keep it fun,

David

You didn't read that before you sent it did you? This post is more filled with contradictions and gibberish than usual.

Seriously, what is 1840 cable? It's certainly not a steel grade or get any hits in a search, maybe try searching your claims before making them publicly. It'll be a LOT less embarrassing. 

You start off claiming you've "made"(?) cable 8 times successfully without a clue as to why it worked. Then a paragraph later you talk about cable turning to dust and disappearing every time you try welding it. Which is it, fails every time or 8 successes? Can't be both.

20 recommendations from 12 other clueless kids isn't much of a recipe for success but seeing as you have 0% interest in learning a new skill, I suppose it's your perfect reference source. A 0% interest in learning is why your days will ALWAYS BE THE SAME. Of course most of us know that's just know it all kid talk.

Teen agers and pre-teens are perfect examples of the Dunning-Kruger effect. It's not a fault let alone a flaw, it's been that way since humans started thinking about things. https://psychology-spot.com/dunning-kruger-effect/

A couple of us have talked off the forum about going easy on you seeing as you're obviously a kid but you seem determined to make it impossible. Seriously, every time some kind soul says one of your claims might work you make up something more ridiculous.

Making up plausible stories is hard work and if you aren't going to put any effort into it, guaranteed failures. You don't need a good memory if you stick to the truth. 

I really should stop reading let alone replying to your posts, I never raised kids of my own so I don't have the mental armor to listen to the. . . Nevermind. Unfortunately I think you're a good kid and I have a thing for helping the good but clueless.

Frosty The Lucky.

I guarentee at 48 i wouldnt have let you go into your diatribe in person. Just bebecause someone dorsnt have your obvious defects doesnt mean anything. That should have been the first thing a normal person would figure out on their own, even brain injured (but i gotno proof) Though ive talked to other members who say to take it easy  ecause your braiin is so something, (maybe age) impaired. The really sad thing is you met my 70s mom years ago and took a photo of her buttin tin foil. Grow up. And stay off my posts you grumpy thing. 

I know the available advice, butter

And thanks Goods for your proper usage of a help website. I like the idea about just looking. Thats hard to get used to trusting.

Thanks again 

You've said I've met your Mother a couple times now. What's her name? I'm sure we'd have things to talk about.

You're 48 today eh? You were 60 yesterday. 

You know the available advice eh? Which side does does the butter go on?

Frosty The Lucky.

Just to the cable folks can i twist in half 2" cable when its just hot enough to forge weld or will i need to go way higher. Would there be an easy way to set that for the holder where i just pull it out from forge and drop into holder. This is a new piece so i have7' to grab by. I think i know to twist w  monkey wrench?

Thank you to all

And ask wilford brimley about your grits and butter question. Its funny there are two separate answers depending on age. Now stay off snowball. ( inside joke for those 9-60). I can imagine its hard to stay organized forging if you have alot of guy pics since you require age verification. These things struggle enough without unrealistic expectations for new people. If you cant tell a 9 yr old, dont get back into dating

And my mom is probably a master caster with over 35 years teaching metal sculpture in a nm college She wouldnt be impressed either. Im her little prince

You are dumb if you think a 9 yr old would call themselves a little prince