I Forge Iron

Perun post vise

Judehey

Sorry, Nope. I found it in a search but the site was so loaded with trackers it only opened the front page. If I had my sights set on one I'd start contacting Blacksmith suppliers for one that carried one. I don't think any hardware or tool supply in Alaska carries more than very basic blacksmith tools, tongs being special order though I did run across one that carried a hot hardy. Punches and top cuts are used for more than blacksmithing type stuff.

Of course maybe a member here knows of somewhere you can buy one in the USA, maybe Canada but be ready for the taxes to make you cry.

Frosty The Lucky. 

Jude, I'd look on some of the on line auction sites such as ebay, hibid, proxibid, or live aucitoneers.  I;d try searches for "vise" "post vise" "leg vise" and "blacksmith vise."  At least on hibid you can limit your search geographically.  There are quite a few listed on ebay for about $200.  That strikes me as about fair market value depending on condition and size and certainly cheaper than a new one.  If you can get a larger one I's suggest that you do so.  I have a 6" width jaw one and it works much better than the more common 4" jaw models.  Thomas used to say that there were 2 species of leg vise, gracile and robustus.  The heavier ones IMO tend to be preferable.

"By hammer and hand all asrts do stand."

I bought the 5” Kanca vise a few years back when I first started getting into forging. It is a good rugged vise. The only complaint I have is that the jaws have deep serrations. I have to use sheet metal jaw covers to not mark the work. I’ve since picked up two other older vises. Funny that once you get your first one of something, others happen to become available.

You might check out hi bid. To see if there is any auctions near by. That way you can visit the place for a preview, all the bidding is done online. My experience with feebay has been hit and miss over the years. Some good some bad. Sellers will sometimes position an item in such a way that you can't  see what would otherwise be obvious flaws in person. I got a 4 1/2" post vise off ebay that didn't show the handle was bent in the photographs. It being a small vise, the jaws were out of alignment and uneven due to abuse. Took quite a bit of work to fix.