I Forge Iron

Winter 2022 challenge

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Shainarue said:

And she's not putting up a tree this year.

This year I just bought a little live potted one and if I can keep it alive until spring I will plant it.  I can only usually keep cactus alive.  Nice, Shaina, and everybody elses work is great as well.  Fun to look at...:)

Nice catch Das! It would have been uniform if I hadn't messed up the very first branch. The lowest branch was supposed to point right. I was having trouble getting it riveted, dropped it, picked it up and got the rivet set no problem. Then noticed I wasn't on the bottom hole. (forehead slap) I worked so hard getting that rivet in, I didn't want to grind it out and start over. 

Now I'm realizing this is why my branches didn't angle like I had laid out either. 

Shoulda coulda woulda but didn't. 

Pretty nice Shaina, I like it may make a version sometime. A little buffing with some III steel wool or a Scotchbrite will bring the brass out. Brass hot rivets better. It work hardens abruptly so you really need to finish the rivet in 3-4 blows cold.

Frosty The Lucky.