I Forge Iron

Help build a metal warrior statue with scrap metals recycled from the junkyard.

Help build a metal warrior statue with scrap metals recycled from the junkyard.:

hi excuse me if I disturb I would like to create a warrior at natural height by recycling metal pieces from workshop scraps or metal objects recovered from scrap shops or body builders some simple and cheap idea thanks greetings excuse me for the bizarre and bizarre question greetings

warrior metal art sculpture

https://www.mari9art.com/samurai-2nd-metal-sculpture

ancient%20china%20samurai%20metal%20warifb91c5_5b94c09ccf3145a5b6ea4ae4adab6db1~

Good to see you again Angiolino, you never disrupt the forum, your questions always give us things to think about and discuss!

We haven't heard much from out usual scrap artists lately but what you want to do is going to depend on what you can find and what YOU want to  make. I have an old friend Clyde Wynia of Jurrustic Park fame who makes sometimes huge scrap sculptures, sometimes ones that'll fit in your hand all from scrap. A couple of the guys here now make insects from automotive electric window parts and the like. 

Of the two pics you posted, the one on the left looks like it's Samurai inspired and the pic on the right looks like a "Terminator" type war robot. The Samurai Appears to be made largely of sheet steel, auto parts and similar maybe. The Terminator looks to be mostly mechanical parts and structural shapes, angle iron, pipe, etc. 

Were I going to make something like this I'd build an armature too support the pieces in position and build it around it. 

This is a really difficult thing to make suggestions about without knowing what you have for scrap, what you want it to look like and where you want to put it or sell to. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Hi Angiolino.  I've only made two sculptures of that size and did as Fosty mentioned.  I made skeletal structures from round bar and/or angle iron and then skinned them with sheetmetal.  This gave me something to weld my details to.  Just use heavey enough material and good penetrating welds to support what you are building.  You don't want a leg or something falling off.   As always, a massive scrap pile to pick through and good imagination help.   :)  If you look back through the topics in this subforum you can find artists that go into great detail on construction methods and where they find inspiration.  A lot of the pictures are gone but you can still learn from reading the written word.  By the way, nothing bizarre in the scrap metal art universe.... :)

thanks for the precious suggestions, of course I do not have the presumption of making the armor of a medieval crusader warrior but a stylized material structure that gives the impression of a cross between a warrior and a robot, perhaps with car shock absorbers, gears connecting rods or similar or similar scraps, I think it is necessary to start from a drawing a sketch with measurements, maybe if you would be so kind as to attach the links of the most appropriate discussions, thanks again for your collaboration sorry for the trouble greetings.

Plan vertical d'une sculpture de ferraille d'un guerrier Photo Stock - Alamyhttps://www.vol.at/imposante-skulpturen-aus-schrott/3243386Sculpture exotiques fabriqués à partir de pièces de voiture de ferraille à  a1 Les pièces détachées de véhicules automobiles casse à finchampstead  england uk Photo Stock - Alamyhttp://lauringartner.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/8/8/10881719/6164209_orig.jpg?1354737135

An armored, mechanical, warrior. Good guy or bad guy? The pics you posted are good examples of sculptures representing good and bad. Connecting rods make good joints and bones. RR spikes make good fingers, claws, teeth, etc. Gears and chain sprockets are always popular. An auto or truck are full of robot parts. Heck any old machinery has potential. Sometimes a new find can change the character of the sculpture which can be fun or suggest the nex t one.

I've never had much of an eye for this kind of thing but it sure sound like fun.

Frosty The Lucky.

A sketch is a good way to start, perhaps build a smaller version to start with as well.  Here's a link to look at.  It's not exactly a warrior robot hybrid but it's one I like....:). You can go to his profile and see all he posted.  There are lot's of other's threads as well.  I must say when working with scrap there are a lot of freaky alloys that don't weld so well.  I built a life size scarecrow once and it appeared solid but it collapsed overnight and there were parts of it scattered all over the shop floor.  I was using scrap agricultural cast steel u-joints for connecting all the limbs and it didn't work so well.  Have fun.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/43763-seamstress-and-child/

I would like to make a warrior with a shield that protects the body in such a way that I save a lot of work and details I have to go to scrap yards but first I have to draw a sketch with four measures otherwise I risk using and recycling useless and unsuitable material thanks.

Guerriero Scheletrico Con Ascia E Scudo. Illustrazione di Stock -  Illustrazione di gioco, pendenza: 210893758

skeleton warrior | Stock vector | ColourboxIllustrazione del guerriero spartano con la sua lancia e lo scudo | Vettore  Premium

"Winter Born" ?   

“For the warriors of Illium were those most powerful and fell,” Tyler said. “They were those born of winter. Rough translation of a fragment they think is part of the original Iliad cycle.”   — John Ringo ["Live Free or Die", "Citadel", "The Hot Gate"]   (Being myself born within a week of the winter solstice this quote stuck in my mind...)

Hiding the sculpture behind a shield certainly changes things, a version like the color pic would sure be easy to make all you'd have to make is a face in a helmet, one gauntlet and two grieves and feet. A plywood disc and some paint about does it. 

The first and second black and white pics would generate a lot more interest from viewers, a zombie warrior, maybe Viking and a ghost warrior. Harder to build but it'd be a lot more value for the viewer's time to stop and look.  

Angiolino: If you wait until you have measured drawings to prospect for parts you may never build your sculpture. Making do with what you find and adapting the sculpture as you go is half the fun of this sort of art. 

John sure likes to quote ancient literature doesn't he? I was born in January and wonder what happened to my "Powerful and Fell."

Frosty The Lucky.

I have to find an anatomy book maybe I do it in material like characters of pirates of the Caribbean, but I have to study it and do it in proportions otherwise it does not come a statue but a pile of debris, it must have elegance, harmony and convey a message it must have the appearance of a warrior also stylized otherwise it becomes a wreck am I wrong? '

132 Statua Di Atena Vettoriali, Illustrazioni e ClipartDea: ROMA. /Nil Dea Roma, personificazione dello stato romano. Disegno dopo  un rilievo dall'Arco di Costantino, 315 A.D Foto stock - AlamyUna illustrazione delle figure mitologiche dea greca Athena con un tridente  la lancia e lo scudo Foto stock - AlamyKolorowanka Legionista Rzymski, starożytny rycerz nr 24

Guerriero Pretoriano Antico Di Roma Illustrazione di Stock - Illustrazione  di artistico, cavaliere: 31888495

https://turismo.reggiocal.it/area-metropolitana/locride/stilo

stilo calabria, monasterace

I live in a suggestive place called stilo is a medieval village where time has stopped but it is out of this world in the summer you go to monasterace marina which has a brazil-like promenade, enchanting places but with few comforts time has stopped , but the food is good and the people are welcoming and warm.