I Forge Iron

Lincon torpedo welder

Oh nothing says comfy chair like a pair of dachshunds on a cold day. The cat comfys things up to be sure but she's really only there to remind me to feed her or let me know the litter box needs scooping.

Frosty The Lucky.

Do you get drowsy in that plush comfy chair, having just had your favorite comfort food, lap companions all aboard, gazing out the window at the snowflakes drifting down, fire a crackeling softly in the stove and working out the details of the perfect burner in your mind?  Do your eyelids feel heavey..... heavey.... heavey...    

When my brother was in seminary, one of the deacons tripped during a Sunday service (with the bishop in attendance, no less), did a kind of backwards somersault, spilled the contents of the censer on the floor, and burned a hole in the rug. By the end of the day, someone had posted the following on the door of his dorm room:

Funny” section on Allwomenstalk | Far side cartoons, Far side comics, The  far side

Perfect, how'd the deacon take it?

I wonder what inspired the cartoonist for that one? I recognize the art but can't place the cartoonist, not Gary Larson but . . . familiar.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 9 months later...

I have not been able to get this welder to work, the AC motor is about 3kw or more, my 11KW VFD will run it but as soon as you strike an arc the VFD shuts down. The rotory phase converter just stalls when an arc is struck, super annoying as I allways wanted a lincoln DC welder, I was thinking about converting it to run off a petrol engine.