I Forge Iron

Always been interested in the craft, but not a viable thing for me. I literally dug a Landcaster #40 out of the mud,  awhile back.  I am soaking with PB Blaster. Seriously seized,  but getting there. I would like to get it apart and operational.  The see if anyone would be interested in it or as is. 

Are you fishin' in the dark? Or is it a Fool's fantasy. 

Did you find it on Hard rock road or out of Desperation? 

Just kidding playing with Steppenwolf songs. 

Got pictures?

Welcome to the madness. You never know, it might be a possibility for you. 

Welcome aboard Steppenwolf, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you'll have better luck connecting with members living within visiting distance.

I've had good luck unsticking blowers by taking them to the carwash and blasting the crud out with the pressure washer. Wear rain gear and double up on Eye protection. I wear bubble goggles over my trifocals and a face shield. 

Taking them apart is often a recipe for making more work than it's worth and usually not necessary. Once the gears wear, in taking them apart means they no longer mesh where they ran. New bearings, bushings, babbits, etc. throw everything out of track.  Shimming planetaries to track is NO trivial task. Like I say often more trouble than its worth.

Frosty The Lucky.