I Forge Iron

Beastie

On 2/6/2023 at 10:23 PM, Daswulf said:

Looking at it at the moment I feel like it needs a mohawk. Lol.

Lol, for some reason this reminded me of when I was trying to learn airbrushing in my 20's and did a lot of dragons so I dug out my old artwork and had a look-see.  Not much survived the years and life thus far.... a lot lost and ruined along the way.

I'll have to compare asian and european dragons.

Humanoid body would be good.  Lots of sharp teeth?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a big bird with talons that size.

Um. I can't recall what I forged claws for. I'm sure something. The alligator wood burner maybe? Probably something else too. I know the alligator teeth took some time grinding for the size of starting stock. Think those were rebar too. 

• 1 year later...

Aric lots of fun to go back over the progression on your Beastie. Encouraging too to think about how some projects wind up taking a looong time to come to life! Years back I started on a photographer...someday, parts of his head live in a box and his camera keeps an eye on me. I think your experiments with the muzzle/jaw area are moving in interesting directions, will certainly look forward to seeing how it unfurls itself!

--Larry

Dum vivimus vivamus (While I live let me LIVE!) R. A. Heinlein, "Glory Road".

In the book he described his navy dress sword as Lady Vivimus. "Glory Road" is one of if not my favorite Heinlein novel and I've read them all many times.

Anyway, it's as good a motto as I know of.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Larry, I look forward to it as well haha. 

I have other projects that live in boxes as well. They are just waiting on the right time. Sometimes that is years from now. I keep moving this guy around and I just Have to see what he becomes. 

Frosty, that is a great motto. I will have to read that book one day when I have some peaceful time to sit back and read. As it goes now I can't even keep up reading here. Sometimes I even get distracted in the middle of a reply and have to get back to it later. 

I guess Beastie is an evolving thing.  Sometimes slow is much better than hasty.  I am still facinated with his horns but haven't found any hood hinges that look like that.  Do I see your magnetic plate holding things together or what?

On 3/18/2024 at 8:57 AM, LarryFahnoe said:

parts of his head live in a box and his camera keeps an eye on me

You should finish the poor fellow as soon as possible.  :rolleyes:

Yeah it is an evolving thing. 

The hood hinges are from more modern subaru models like crosstrek or outback. I have some more and save the junk ones when they get replaced. 

Yup that's the magnetic chuck. I am pretty happy with it so far.  I'd like to incorperate it into the welding table but want to use it a bit more to be sure how i want it before I commit to anything. 

Giminy, so much for my keen observational skills, I didn't pick up on your magnetic chuck at all. <sigh>

That does however the voices suggesting you take a couple pics of the beastie doing hand(?) stands on it. 

Frosty The Lucky.