I Forge Iron

Christian from Norway

LA9436

Hello everybody.

I have been stalking these forums for a few months now, and finally I have created a profile. I have dabbled with blacksmithing for about a year now, but I am still very much a beginner with a lot of questions! Nice to meet you all :D.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Currently my ‘shop’ is just a few bits and bobs I have collected under a plastic sheet. I’m am doing all my stuff kneeing until I can find somewhere suitable. I am still just trying to make a hook rack at the moment and learning how to get all the hooks of a consistent shape. On a side note, I really enjoy the smell from the coke, it reminds me of a steam engine rally I used to visit when I was younger.

A98BEE05-9B09-41C4-87D0-25E02E9CFFBA.jpeg

7102164F-A1BF-4118-B4B9-734B2D9AFF7B.jpeg

An excellent anvil stand is simply a wooden box filled with sand the anvil rests on. Use sharp sand so it doesn't shift too much or make a board to attach the anvil to that just fits in the box. 

Smithing kneeling sounds crazy painful. Do you have people you call to carry you in the house to recover?

Frosty The Lucky.

There are discussions by many of us who were young and tough once and pay for it every day now. The things we did and just shook off when we were young catch up with us if we're blessed to get old. 

One of the really valuable things about Iforge is us old timers offer you our mistakes so you can learn the lessons without making them yourself. Hopefully you'll come up with new mistakes we can learn from.

Frosty The Lucky.