I Forge Iron

tong/cutter ID?

Ah, that's okay Jim, everybody has problems posting pics now and then. Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you plan on sticking around putting your general location in the header will make it easier to hook up with other members living within visiting distance.

I went to the website but couldn't find the pic, band saws, planers, jointers, etc. Oh yeah but no interesting nipper thing like those.

I don't know what they're for but they're pretty surely some kind of shear. I'm thinking they'd work well for cutting something needing peined like a rivet or tenon. 

Then again, some of my toenails are getting pretty thick and regular nail clippers don't quite do it. I hope they don't get bd enough to need something like that but it's good to know they're out there just in case. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

I agree with Frosty, the square faced jaw looks like it's designed to index off a surface to leave a precise length of rod for riveting.

I wonder if the notch on the cutting blade is there to restrict the depth of cut to force the user to work their way around a piece of round stock which would leave a clean shear line about the perimeter which is better for riveting.

Alternately, I wonder if they're made for nibbling and snapping scored lines in brittle material like glass or tile.