I Forge Iron

weed cutter double blade diy homemade

sorry for the inconvenience, I would like to make a similar tool to mow the weeds and bushes in my garden, I do not have a motor brush cutter, every time I have to borrow it. I think this rake-like tool that cuts like a razor and swings like a hoe could be useful to me, do you think it is efficient or would it be better to adopt a classic scythe? thanks, I wait for opinions and suggestions.

6130qL3lYvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61ZQG9BsM3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg2945000_main-e1554304355284-349x600.png?x48853

DIMENSIONS

40″h × 14.13″w × 2.5″d

how should i build it what materials i could reuse

2945000_L_02.jpg?x48853

I built it in the afternoon, only it came very heavy, I took a 30x30 x 2 mm box about 38 cm long, I welded teeth made with 8 mm construction iron, 13 cm long 6 pieces, welded about 5 cm l 'one from the other, in the reverse direction I welded the foil of a 4 cm wide gate spring, as a handle I put a rusty iron tube at the head, like a t-shaped razor rake. I broke it works like a hoe but it is very heavy, from the side of the blade I cut from the side of the prongs I pull the mowed grass and I make sheaves. I did something wrong I'm sure.

RONCA MEZZA LUNA MANICO STOPPA - Centro Marini Ferramenta vendita on-line,  ferramenta romaG. Santo roncola con manico a tubo in acciaio cm 40 ronca lama agricoltura  | eBay

about 3000 square meters let's say 5000 square meters with the neighboring land, it is aesthetically very ugly and heavy, perhaps the scythe would be more suitable.

there are no goats, animals and sheep around, unfortunately human goats as neighbors, the motorized brush cutter is a problem, I have to lend it to myself, transport it with my small car, then the cockpit smells of petrol, while a 2p manual tool does it I hide in a hidden corner and use it when needed. .

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Everytime I see this thread it reminds me of Animal Farm.....:ph34r:   The only junkyard I never tried getting into was down by the river.  It was a house with a scrapyard that grew up around it.  The whole yard as far as you could see was a hog stye/scrapyard.  The hogs even looked mean.  There was a mailbox, so somebody lived there.  I drove by quite a few times but never stopped.