I Forge Iron

Why would you put dirt on top of coke fire

Would you PM a link to this video to me please? There might be something going on you don't know and he didn't explain. It might not actually be dirt. 

If he DID throw dirt on a coke fire it's another example of why it's a bad idea to try learning anything from internet videos until you know enough about the topic to sift good info from idiocy.

Since we're on maximizing clinker production, I think a mix of silica sand and stoneware clay would do nicely.

Frosty The Lucky.

I was going to ask you the same thing. on a computer it is easy to copy a web address. Right click on it in the address bar choose copy then go to IFI and right click in the edit window and select paste. Seeing as a moderator had to fix your link you must have typed it wrong.

That makes sense. 

QB: You need to learn how to operate your smart phone so you can post links or we aren't going to be able to help you. I HOPE you appreciate how much work everybody went through to answer your question. We go through this kind of effort regularly but it is NOT unlimited. 

YOU must learn to use your access device what ever it is. Then you are going to have to start doing some reading here. Virtually every question you have has been answered hundreds if not thousands of times. You aren't going to learn to be a blacksmith just by reading. But you WILL learn enough to use the right words and phrases so we have an idea of what you ask. You will also know what we are saying when we answer you. Questions about your questions or our answers is then just clarification of fine points.

Our patience won't last too long. Nobody can TEACH you, all anybody CAN DO is present information for YOU to learn from. If you can't or won't lean we aren't going to answer your questions 30 times and HOPE. That is NOT on us, it isn't our job nor obligation. 

Seriously, you didn't pay attention to Joey's video, he said in PLAIN ENGLISH EXACTLY WHY he put dirt on the fire. ALL YOU  needed to do was PAY ATTENTION. If you didn't bother to pay attention to something THAT CLEAR, it's really unrealistic to expect people to spend time explaining it. 

Nobody's writing you off but YOU have to start doing YOUR SHARE or we might.

Frosty The Lucky.