I Forge Iron

Just starting

Beowulf300

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important to make sure that a pallet was heat treated and not treated with toxic chemicals.  I remember a Mother Earth News article several decades ago about how to use Viet Nam war ammo crates to make kitchen cabinets---followed the next issue with with a DANGER DON'T DO IT as such ammo crates were treated with HIGHLY TOXIC chemicals so they wouldn't degrade sitting outside on the ground in Viet Nam.  Even the saw and sanding dust should be treated as toxic waste!

On 12/24/2021 at 10:23 AM, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

I think some of the bituminous coal mines south of me are still loading out, around stigler Oklahoma last I heard,

I did a quick search and came up with the Farrell Cooper Mining Co. in Stigler OK. Might be worth a phone call.

Randy, I did the same search and also got Farrell.  If you look on google satellite view just NE of the town of Stigler and the muni airport, there is a strip mine.  Don't know if it's still active or not.  The McGirt case Twisted mentioned earlier must have a lot shut down.