I Forge Iron

Ballheadrivets on both sides

First of all I like to point out that I´m not sure if the term ballhead rivet is the right in english???

Please correct me if this is wrong. :)

In one of the amazing Otto Schmirler Books I found this picture for an example of ballhead-rivets:

20210203_193012.jpg.9b0ec71f9ca890edc47269e23a38fed6.jpg

As this kind of work can be seen from both sides, I´m wondering if there is a way to rivet these rosettes togehter, ending up with two ballhead rivets, one of each side?

I can´t imagine that but I wouldn't be surprised if the old masters could :)

Does anyone more about it?

Greetings Sascha

How about making your single sided ball rivets a little longer and making the other ball separate with a countersunk through hole? That way you could peen the river right into the second ball and clean it up with a file (if needed).

David

13 hours ago, Goods said:

How about making your single sided ball rivets a little longer and making the other ball separate with a countersunk through hole? That way you could peen the river right into the second ball and clean it up with a file (if needed).

David

That looks like an easy way for normal shops... Thank you for that!!!

The bolt an nut version sounds good too, but a little more complicate if you wish small diameter rivets. Maybe an advantage for applications where you

have to disonnect parts from time to time. Or for repair issues I guess..

Anyway, it's still a good idea!!!