I Forge Iron

Hello, eh!

JPaul

Greetings all from the Great White North!  I have to say that this forum has been such a blast to be lurking on for the past few weeks.  I got hooked watching Forged in Fire, which brought me here, looking to give forging a try.  So far I have built a JABOD charcoal forge(that I finally fired up tonight), started making my own charcoal, and have made an improvised anvil with a 10# sledge hammer mounted in a nice big ash stump.  Looking forward to starting out small with coat hooks and such, and the forge will keep me warm through the long cold winter up here.

JPaul:  Welcome aboard and make sure to peruse the "Read This First" up in the blue banner.  You may find smithing a life long love.  I have for over 40 years.  Smithing is a sort of minor immortality because it is likely that the things we make will be around long after we are gone.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. I'll try not to make any cracks about you living in the south east, it wouldn't be fair. :rolleyes: 

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Remember we LOVE pics and look forward to helping you develop a hopeless addiction to playing with fire and hitting things with hammers.

Frosty The Lucky.

There was that new person whose locations was "west of Chicago"; I was thinking that my location was west of Chicago too, though a tad more to the south as well.  I told my wife we should go visit you Frosty, directions were easy; Turn left at Albuquerque and drive till you taste saltwater and then turn right!

Good Morning,

When you get to the saltwater, ring my doorbell, You have a place to hang your hat and rest your weary bones. Except you have to wait for the Border to open.

There is a point in the Rocky Mountains where within a 20 mile circle, the MacKenzie River starts (North to the Arctic Ocean), the Fraser River starts (toward the Pacific near Vancouver), the Columbia River starts (to the Pacific just north of Portland), the Saskatchewan River starts (toward Hudsons Bay), the Missouri River starts (the Missouri River flows into the Mississippi River). Jump in your Canoe and take the water route!! LOL

Neil

Rather drive over to Pie Town NM that sits on the continental divide and have a slice of pie and a cup of tea.  As I am close to the border with Mexico, I think I'd have to go right a bit after hitting saltwater.  Thanks for the offer and if you ever want to be Baked and UV roasted, stop down here and see me; we're only at 4700+ feet here but you can see 10K feet from my front door.  Folks from the Netherlands have had altitude issues visiting.