I Forge Iron

DeepSouth

Greetings to all!

I recently watched a clip, that showed a Helpers Types, Applying a Grease Gun to  ZERK Fitting, attached to the side of a Large Blacksmith Anvil. It was noted, the Helper had Great Difficulty,  in forcing grease into the grease fitting.

As is often, on video clips,  no explanation was given. The clip seemed to poke fun at the Helper, in his trying to force any grease at all, into the fitting.

Sorry, than I cannot offers any other Info, nor can I recall what/where/ who, etc, the brief Anvil video clip was viewed,, regarding the Blacksmith Anvil, & Grease-sert, & greasing, into the Side of the Anvil........

I must say, in retrospect?   It baffled me!

The only thing,  that made any sense, was if?  A grease filled cavity, was used for Sound Attenuation,  or dampening? 

Thanks for the Info!

Welcome aboard Deep South, glad to have you. If you put your general location in the header you might be able to hook up with members within visiting distance.

A grease zerk on an anvil eh? Hmmm, maybe I'll have to put a dip stick on mine. It's on a pipe tripod, I could even put a little oil in a leg. Funny gag on the new guys.

Naw, grease wouldn't quieten an anvil unless you floated it in it. Gotta be a gag. 

If you want to damp a loud anvil magnets, chains, silicon calk, etc. are used a lot. Mine are on steel tripods and they're surprisingly quiet, especially for the Soderfors.

Frosty The Lucky. 

Red and black currents are DC, alternate them, red, black, red, black, for AC. 

You get 3 phase by running another line of current bushes in parallel but it gets too complicated unless you have an industrial type use. A regular guy like me tends to get himself in a jam with 3 phase currents.

Frosty The Lucky.