I Forge Iron

What can you see outside of your shop?

We get wind here too. A few years ago we were getting sustained winds in excess of 90mph and a few gusts near 130. Not right here, in the more open areas though we saw plenty of gusts in excess of 100mph and our sustained winds were in the high 70s to mid 80s. Lasted about 18 days straight.

Lots of damage but code here calls for earthquake resistant and it's a known high wind area so there were only a few dozen buildings blown down, lots of roofs and such though.

It warmed up a couple days ago and started snowing yesterday for about 4" so far.

It's relatively warm and pretty out. I'll have to go out and light a fire after chores.

Life is good.

Frosty

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Nice views Larry.

Any fossils in them thar hills?

Frosty

To answer your question Frosty, Yes, The top of the flat top mountain is full of marine life fossils. They have also found many dinosaur bones in the area. I have been experimenting with my digital camera. This the first time posting pictures. I'm glad to hear you like the views. I a have large album on photobucket so if like I can post a hot link to it.

Frosty, I used to live in Anchorage, and Wasilla. I worked as machinist, welder, school bus driver in Anchorage. So i know where you live.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

it does not freeze in Colorado?

pascalou

It does freeze in Colorado. However, I am not familiar with the term "wool is of rigor". I thought perhaps that rigormortis had overtaken the sheep and so go the sheep so go the wool. ;)

-grant

Pascalou, We call that hoar frost here. Nice pictures

Larry

I don't know I kind of like "wool of death" more obscure than "killing frost"
what is the French phrase for "wool is of rigor"?

Adj. 1. hoar - showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; [Old English hār] Edited by Ice Czar

if i look out the back i can see the bush across our fields, if the sheep happen to be out on pasture then i can count the 185 or so of them if not then i can end up burning my steel thinking about the place, if i look out the side i can see the front of the barn and back yard, out the front in the house and road. sometimes the dog looking at me thinking" i wish you werent so loud so i could come and visit you"