I Forge Iron

As every dealer can set their own price; there can be a range---particularly if you live in a remote area where the invisible hand isn't working as well. Sometimes you can get a much better price from a local machine shop buying their drops, (sometimes they will give you a worse price...)

Why yes Online is probably one of the worst ways to find out local stuff.  May I commend to your attention the old fashioned paper yellow pages which will NOT try to direct you to stuff you have no interest in but somebody paid to have take over your screen rather than what you asked about!

I pay . 30 cents or less if I purchase from scrap bin as i pay scrap price then.

I would say price will vary depending on shape and condition we sell 4140 as hot roalled anealed decarb free anealed, pre heattreated hot roll and decarb free all have a diffrent price per lb between 3 and 10 a pound 

thin bar costs more than thick per pound because making it costs tge same in tooling and time 

enjoy