I Forge Iron

Proud to unveil my very humble shop

Morning, afternoon or evening!
I might ramble a little, i'm rather proud of my humble shop/shed/forge. 10 x 10 x 8 is what i had to work with.
Its taken me a few months to get things mostly up and ready, but i'm really proud of what i have and for the first time can show a workable area. When i moved in to my current residence the "shed" was a brick square that i put a tarp over for the first year to keep wood dry but it wasn't enough for a workshop. I started working on giving the square a makeover as soon as i decided my interest in blacksmithing and woodwork was something i was going to take seriously and started looking for an anvil and or lathe.. I found an good deal on an anvil first; lathe soon.
  My first real wood project since high school shop class 12~ odd years ago was building the door, then the bench, then a roof, i used 90% salvage and scrap wood, only the bench legs and skirts where brought cheap from face book marketplace.
Any questions about things due to the quality of the video or any constructive criticism i can take and put to use please fire away, thank you
( i know i have no fire extinguisher, i get payed at midnight and will be ordering one for the morning)
https://imgur.com/a/1ZlSTdr <20 second pan around video clip 
79517945_769657996869560_3183881328361734144_n.jpg.ddfd8893f18a7e031616771f5f017905.jpg79323615_522645291796080_6831014900102332416_n.jpg.04aa9fd094c3d3213395017b3aeacf78.jpg79697973_1159426070933539_6246608737474183168_n.jpg.7b74b22c2b98b24c15d31fc3daa71ede.jpg

9 hours ago, KingAether said:

Well i might be bias but bigger is always better!

Unless it's an endoscope!:o

I think you're open for business, just don't mount equipment, tools, etc. permanently till you know what positions work best for you. It's going to be a good space, more cozy than cramped, I could work there comfortably. 

I'll be watching for pics of it as you start making stuff. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks a lot frosty, i appreciate it. I don't play on locking anything down just yet, will be nice to take it outside in the summer! I just need to find a decent supplier for stock now, thought i had a fabrication place a road away today that would let me take "scrap" but it was a mountain of galvanised rings, so i thanked them and took nothing... I don't like paying for postage costs if i dont have to! 

Good move, galvy is bad news, keep looking. Don't get in a hurry though, steel is everywhere just keep your eyes open. About postage, $7. flat rate will bring a few lbs. of good alloy steel to my PO box or let me drive maybe 40-50 miles in the SUV and about 25 in the pickup. 

Have you looked in the paper Yellow Pages? The internet sucks for this kind of hunting, getting a response from the "contact us" link only works if you're buying. Talking to folks on the phone is faster and easier, if an outfit doesn't have what you're looking for they'll know someone who does. I've rarely had to follow this chain more than 2 links. 

Keep at it but don't get to feeling trapped by the hunt. It happens so just keep a steady pull you'll get there.

Frosty The Lucky.