I Forge Iron

Dragonfly by Daswulf

After a long flight, this arrived, and two things happened almost immediately. First it was *Thank you for the gift*,  and then it was declared *Cute as a bug*.  It was then put on display in the family room.  I do not have possession, but I am told that I do have visiting rights.

Thank You Daswulf

dragonfly 01.jpg

Nice use of the motor winding thing, Das. You don't find it hard to weld the knife blades onto that casing stuff? The ones I have are like sandwiched layers of metal and the welder doesn't like it much.

Yeah, they are the stacked plates on these as well. (I've taken them apart for use individually like on the owl I made.) I don't usually have any issues with the MIG welder. The hard part is trying not to burn any of the wires in half. I've had a few that I had to remove a winding or so because of that. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's my daughter-in-law howling at the full moon - self portrait. Used to be a favorite tagging spot in the 60's for a long time, one of the giant boulders had the pi symbol, which was visible for miles. Looms over a Walmart Supercenter, these days!

I could post a detail, if you like.

I don't suppose anyone has checked the mantle yet!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...