I Forge Iron

Newbie from Washington

Hey guys! I've been lurking for a while, taking advantage of this very valuable resource for a few months. I must say thank you to everyone here for the plethora of information.

My name is Anthony, I go by Tony. During the work week I am a pipefitter, on the weekends I try to be a blacksmith.

I've been forging for four or five months now, only making small things for around the house, but I am addicted.

My current set up is a small brake rotor forge and RR anvil. Currently building a forge table and a partially enclosed space to forge (you've got to love all the rain here). I will try to get pictures up soon.

Nice to meet all of you, and again thank you for all the information I've tried to absorb thusfar, and all I will in the future.

Happy New Year Anthony,

You are in the middle of a lot of Blacksmiths, North West Blacksmith Association. Your backyard is full of VERY knowledgeable Blacksmiths. They have a monthly get together at Longview Fairground and will be having the Spring Conference in May. Check out their web-site www.blacksmith.org

Neil