I Forge Iron

Air hardening steel cap for railroad track anvil

On 1/31/2018 at 7:29 PM, Charles R. Stevens said:

It also includes a fuller, cut off and pritchel holes. For a silver smith including groves such as the early bronze anvils had would be easy enough. If you cut 1” slices off the flange and web you have blanks for making a small double brick, a pan stake and other sheet tools. A track plate makes a dandy tool, plate for those small tools, exceptionally well suited for a silver smith. 

I wish I knew what you meant lol. Groves like early bronze anvil? I searched Google idk maybe you can explain with a picture haha.

Actually I don't know what most of you are talking about half the time. Just kinda hoping some of it sticks at this point 

One inch slice of flange and web

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yea, spelling sucks, thanks for the save BGD

One trick is to use google image search, it helps filter out rock bands, software ads and such. If you just google anvil you will get a heavy metal band and a brand of jeans first, if you google forge you will get several software returns. 

Iron Age anvil and Viking era anvil will get you good returns as will stake anvil, post anvil and sheet metal stake and tin smithing stake

If you had posted in private it would have been answered in private. This is posted in public to answer your question that was posted in public.

If you read the moderation report sent to you, it details that your posting in areas that have nothing to do with the subject of your post. We then must  move your post to where it relates to the section. 

Moderation allows us to see your new post, read the post, and move it if necessary. Otherwise we have to continually monitor the entire site to try to keep up. The moderation expires when we no longer have to move your posts.

In general being moderated is not a comment on you personally; I've been moderated a couple of times---once for a typo and once for a phrase I had used in Church speaking with my Pastor that same week.  Use it as an "in the future watch out for XYZ" indicator and get on with your life! (Or you can leave in a huff and so cut off your nose to spite your face.)