I Forge Iron

Another Texas Heritage Bowie

Jason Fry

Here's the latest from my shop, the first knife of 2017. The steel is forged W2. The guard is wrought iron from the first railroad into Dallas in 1872. The wood is spalted sycamore from the grounds at the Texas Capitol. The coin is an 1836 half dollar, the year Texas won her independence from Mexico. OAL is 15 inches.

This is a fairly close copy of a knife I'll present to Texas governor Greg Abbott Jan 30th to commemorate House Bill 1935, which undid restrictive knife laws.

81698833405a94a6c6b16ed0f581805a.jpg

6373d6b2654c7159d28db6f9e5d865ab.jpg

e0fc66571e36cadc3087bb7b8d9541a6.jpg

52dffc6779269b9a81a62bc35cbbda60.jpg

Probably stays with the office than with the person.  Gifts to politicians are "troublesome" otherwise...

Though a  picture  of a governor shooing all the other folks out of his office and then sitting back and cracking pecans with the butt of his pistol and flipping a knife at a target on the wall whilst sipping a bit of moonshine and listening to some old country would do much to restore my faith in that class.

3 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Though a  picture  of a governor shooing all the other folks out of his office and then sitting back and cracking pecans with the butt of his pistol and flipping a knife at a target on the wall whilst sipping a bit of moonshine and listening to some old country would do much to restore my faith in that class.

Now that is a vivid image and imagination!

Beautiful knife Mr. Fry...anyone would be proud to own