I Forge Iron

Anyang hammer oiler drain

So I'm in the process of changing my 30wt oil out for 10wt oil in my 33lb anyang and am just letting the oiler drip on full blast to empty it. Before I go chipping all the paint off the oilers bottom in search of a drain, Is there a set screw on the bottom of these oilers to quickly drain all the oil? 

Can not speak for the other members of the site, but I spend time here to learn from other blacksmiths. An idea from one part of the world is incorporated into a project in a different part of the world. A tool is shown and picked up by another blacksmith who makes one for his shop. The exchange of information is huge.

You just have to turn the TV to the off position (yes there is a knob for that) or unplug it from the wall. Log on to IForgeIron, read, learn, and then take that information to the forge and try it out. If it works, add it to your bag of tricks. If it down not work, return to the site and show us what you did, what happened, and ask how to improve the tool, trick, or process. Then go back to the forge and try it out, again.

IForgeIron is a resource. By spending time on the site you can improve your knowledge of the craft. It is worth spending the time for me.

I understand you liking to get your info from this forum - yes it is a great source for info/learning - I was just saying - you could have gotten a simple answer from the dealer or factory about your inquiry.

I do take a few minutes out of my day to watch over this site to help it stay the way it is.

My gallery pictures will speak for itself on my use of time else ware. I just have not posted to many pictures of my work lately due to the fact that for the last few years IFI has been a little unstable due to upgrades.

I hope your hammer serves you well - the Anyang's Ive used while visiting other members here on IFI seemed to work very well once they were warmed up a little.

I love my 33.  It hits hard, and the new heavy series hammers have a longer stroke for better use of tooling. I haven't had any real issues with it. When I first got it the tup wasn't retracting all the way so I switched to ISO 32 oil (10wt) and haven't had a issue since. James is also top notch for support if you need it. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I haven't had it for too long and it hasn't gotten used by me too much yet. With my oil change I just turned up the flow and stuck a nail under one of the valve levers to keep the hammer cycling for an hour or two and the oil drained out on its own. Still doesn't look like there is a drain plug under the paint, it would be a little bit more convenient to have one but it didn't take too long to change out the oil in the end.