I Forge Iron

Thought some of you might enjoy this.

starbits

Awesome video. Man I wish I could get to the point of people asking me to go pick through their scrap. Working on it tho :) most of the time I have to buy stuff even if it sits  

its a bit of work trying to make it a day job like he might make it seem easy to do. I do appreciate the video tho and it is certainly where I would hope to be some day. Some amazing work! 

• 3 weeks later...

Having made a few animal sculptures myself from fresh mild steel, in my mind there's no doubt he has huge volumes of talent to visualize & transform scrap into anatomically acurrate sculptures, but I think that snippet condenses down his story to a fairytale scenario.

I'm dubious that without a bit of a (previously earned?) financial support anyone could afford to sit around & wait for the right combination of scrap components to come along to make a lifesize horse, or just buy a display shop and afford the time to fill it with stock items you've somehow found the time to make specutively without any prosoect of a sale or money to keep you going whilst you're making.

Whatever his financial scenario, he's very talented.

• 1 month later...