I Forge Iron

Ideas for Christmas 2017

I recently made these ones recently. Forged from 1/8x1/2".

IMG_7214[1].JPG

And some more key chain ideas.

https://www.iforgeiron.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=115646

59fe65c06d67c_IMG_72151.thumb.JPG.e7fbbbe046673cb15c1ac597b6118217.JPG

Oh and that link is a how to slide show.

Littleblacksmith 

So what operating system is it running? Arch Linux? Dos 3.2? Windows Vista? MAC OS kitty cat? Solaris? Sun OS? System 5?

Telling us it's a laptop does not tell us what you are running on it! It's like asking for help with a vehicle and not telling us if it runs on gas, propane, diesel, electricity, etc.

2 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

If you don't put the needed information into the question the answers will probably not apply to your exact situation. (And if you assume they do apply you may not be happy with the results...)

ok I understand and I realize I really didn't word everything very well but let me fix that now, what I would like to do is obtain ideas for key fob ideas I would prefer the stuff to be made from 1/2" square stock  thanks in advance

take a short length; Butcher a cube on the end and stamp it with dice pips (opposite sides add up to 7 is a common version) except for the top with the  rest of the stock attached----forge that down to a small round taper and bend the end over to hold the splitring for the keys.  Tumbling is suggested to help smooth the edges  needs to be small enough and smooth enough to do well in a pocket!

Note I once made 30 pairs of cowboy hat earrings out of pennies using the instructions for making cowboy hats out of steel only doing them smaller---you do have to use pennies that predate the switch to copper plated zinc ones---I always sort those out of my change to have a supply on hand for other tasks. (Our church was having a cowboy dance, I don't dance but wanted to do something so door prizes...)

51 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

take a short length; Butcher a cube on the end and stamp it with dice pips (opposite sides add up to 7 is a common version) except for the top with the  rest of the stock attached----forge that down to a small round taper and bend the end over to hold the splitring for the keys.  Tumbling is suggested to help smooth the edges  needs to be small enough and smooth enough to do well in a pocket!

Note I once made 30 pairs of cowboy hat earrings out of pennies using the instructions for making cowboy hats out of steel only doing them smaller---you do have to use pennies that predate the switch to copper plated zinc ones---I always sort those out of my change to have a supply on hand for other tasks. (Our church was having a cowboy dance, I don't dance but wanted to do something so door prizes...)

So, are u saying making a dice fob? That sounds really neat any other ideas?

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

I'd say that most bottle openers are made from mild steel and for incise; I'm using it pretty much in the dictionary definition sense.

Hmmm I may have to try out a ring opener with no handle design.

ohh so following the definition you are meaning to incise the stock so that it looks like a basket?

let me see how it turns out

Hello, sorry for not responding in so long, had been sick and read this and meant to reply, but then just forgot about it, I understand you are in a hurry, at least you are thinking about Christmas gifts, I haven't figured out what to make people yet!

I will try to pm you the pictures and captions.

littleblacksmith