I Forge Iron

Oregon blade maker 2x72 grinder

I was considering purchasing one of these complete Chassies from eBay.  Does anyone know if the machine is any good.  I seen some reviews of it on the YouTube but I am still unsure if I  should buy or build one. It would save time for other creations.  A plus is it is built here in the US but my concern is ,is this machine heavy enough to limit vibration even after it is bolted down . The other thing is they make to versions of the same Chassie one is welded solid the other is bolted together.  On the plus side the bolted one would be easy to reverse engineer. Not to mention that this machine accepts standard size tool arms so it is relatively easy to get your choice of different types/brands of tooling.

If any of has or know someone or knows the machine please let me know what you think of it and the quality of of its construction. 

Any reply with info will help me greatly. 

Thanks in advance, Martin 

• 3 months later...

Just bought one. I counted 3 models in their inventory. I bought the most expensive one with the aluminum wheels and bolted assembly for $549. Got it in 3 days and it looks to be of good quality and fit. I am using a 2HP Leeson 56HZ motor, has 7/8" output shaft for increased drive rigidity coupled to a 220 v single phase to 3 phase VFD. Will be able to give a better evaluation after I get through the work week and get it assembled. Oh yeah, the drive pulley was an extra like $40. I will be adding a 10" contact wheel and the small wheel set in the near future.

Terry

Might be a bit late to the party, but I recently caved and bought wheel sets from them. I got the 4 inch 3/4 bore aluminum drive wheel and the 3 wheel set made of seemingly high quality plastic and bearings. I have yet to try them out but on inspection they seem to be worth the money. (especially since I tried to make my own wheels and failed miserably)