I Forge Iron

Just starting

ZachNiedjalski

Hey everyone, 

I am looking to get into blacksmithing, and I was curious if anyone had some advice on forges?  I have watched a couple youtube videos, and I think im going to try building my own propane forge.  Does anyone have any pointers, or insight on this?  Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated, and not just tips on forges but anything to do with blacksmithing.

Cheers,

Welcome aboard Zach, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

I THINK maybe if you look around the site you might find a hint or two about propane forges. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

Pointers:

Read everything you can on this website - especially concerning forges, forge burners, anvils, and blacksmith tools, at least until you hit brain overload. Then take a short break and start reading again. Repeat as many times as necessary. Learn, have fun!

Be careful which YouTube videos you take info from - a few are good, many are bad.

Do NOT use Plaster of Paris in any way, combined with other materials or not.

Put your location in your Iforgeiron profile so we know what part of the planet you're at. Some answers to some questions are location specific.

Ask specific, detailed questions.