I Forge Iron

Majestic Forge

Here is a different question, and possible answers:

Why in the world would a knife maker's forge need three burners? Possible answers: It's really for use on swords by the worlds fastest blacksmith; wow, they must really be weak burners; like oversize cars, their only purpose is to allow the manufacturer to charge more money for a poor product

I don't know I've never used one like that. Does the product description say it's a high pressure high volume regulator suitable for things like weed burners, tar pots, etc.?

The one I've been using for about 30 years now looks a LOT like the one on "Propanewarehouse dot com" under mfg pt# MEGR-6120-30

Mine's a 0-20psi and it'll run six, 3/4" T burners no problem. Crank it up to 20psi and it'll start blowing my T burners out even running four.

Frosty The Lucky.

It did say "high pressure"not sure if it was high volume, I think it said something about fish cookers and bbq grills. So if I read this right I am looking for a high pressure high volume Propane regulator, and I possibly can run 6 t-burners of the 3/4" type? 

I do want a regulator with a gauge,,, or I say I do. I see where your regulator has a port for a, gaugehttps://propanewarehouse.com/shop/propane-regulators/adjustable-propane-regulator-1-30-psi/ Thank you for the info.

Edited by Allen Gaskill
Finish idea

The pic of the regulator you link to LOOKS like the 0-20psi regulator I bought about 30 years ago and the one I own supplied 6 burners on a couple occasions. 

Fish cookers and BBQs don't require a lot of volume or pressure unless they're maybe commercial ones. Not knowing I'd buy a higher volume reg.

I'd drive down to the Petrolane main store and buy one off the shelf and those look a LOT LIKE the one in the link.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it but here goes. I can NOT evaluate a regulator by looking at  the picture and have to hope psi and the description of light commercial uses means it'd supply what I need. A weed burner uses a SIMILAR volume of propane to a forge burner.

I'd be rolling the dice buying online just like anybody. Maybe a good bet would be attend a local blacksmith club meeting and ask what they use and where they got it.

Frosty The Lucky.

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The pic of the regulator you link to LOOKS like the 0-20psi regulator I bought about 30 years ago and the one I own supplied 6 burners on a couple occasions. 

Fish cookers and BBQs don't require a lot of volume or pressure unless they're maybe commercial ones. Not knowing I'd buy a higher volume reg.

I'd drive down to the Petrolane main store and buy one off the shelf and those look a LOT LIKE the one in the link.

I don't know how much more clear I can make it but here goes. I can NOT evaluate a regulator by looking at  the picture and have to hope psi and the description of light commercial uses means it'd supply what I need. A weed burner uses a SIMILAR volume of propane to a forge burner.

I'd be rolling the dice buying online just like anybody. Maybe a good bet would be attend a local blacksmith club meeting and ask what they use and where they got it.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank You.