I Forge Iron

Anyone Can Identify This Anvil?

The horn transition is definitely different on multiple angles.

Good for the new owner if he got a 300 lbs Sodefors for 600$ CAD.
Though I should be happy for the guy, a small part of me wish it isn't a Sodefors since I missed the deal :(

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

$2.00 Ca/lb is a pretty good price. Buck up dom, just because Soderfors cast anvils in that pattern doesn't mean that particular one is a Soderfors. Still . . . What a shop anvil!

Frosty The Lucky.

Yep I called the guy during the week and said I'd pass to take a look during the weekend. When I called on the saturday he told me someone was going to come and see it and call him after. When I called back, it was too late. Call that inexperience, I guess I should have jumped on the first opportunity to go and see it.

Still, now I have my Brooks, which I paid more for less weight, but it is a very nice anvil and I like that I know which manufacturer made it.

The half life of a good anvil being for sale at a good price that is publically advertised is usually measured in hours!  If you are in the market have your cash to hand (and ball bearing and hammer) and IMMEDIATELY go and check it out.   Why I like to find the ones not on the open market as those may give you a bit more time to check them out and research.

8 hours ago, Dom said:

Ah you're killing me... I really overpaid my Brooks.
Another rookie mistake, should've waited for a cheaper opportunity.

Je pense pas que tu as overpaid tant que cela...  ;) you found an anvil in a very good shape !  and you can't put «good» and «cheap» in the same sentence !!!

When I will sell my almost brand new Angele, i will ask a price that will be a discount from the original price, not a 2 ou 3$/lb ratio !... and I will wait for the buyer. :ph34r:

Dom: If you didn't make beginner mistakes and recognize them you'd be a beginner forever. We learn from out mistakes and some folk never make mistakes.

Your Brooks is an excellent anvil stop driving yourself nuts about things that didn't happen, have no bearing on you and learning the craft. Should I drive myself nuts for not working harder in school and becoming a vet? I was and still am really good with animals, they trust and like me on first contact. Should I? I took another path and am where I am. Might've beens are for the movies.

Put that baby to work and forget things that don't matter.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...