I Forge Iron

Leaf spring knife

BlasterJoe

Made my first integral handle blade. The handle is temporary until I can get ahold of something better. It was made from a piece of leaf spring I found. Quenched in vegetable oil. Then did 2 cycles in the oven at 400degs. The spine is about 1/4 as wel as the handle.  finish is rough but I am over all happy with it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good job! only thing I will recommend is to take a lighter to the end of the Para cord to stop the fraying.

Littleblacksmith

And you could knot the end and sew it shut to further avoid having the end unravel. You could use a thread that matches the cord color, or a contrasting color, or a colorless thread.

SLAG.

One thing I have done is to wrap in a looped piece of light wire in the last 4 wraps of cord, leaving the loop-end of the wire sticking out,  Now you can run the tag end of the cord thru the wire loop, then pull the wire out and tag end back under the wraps.  If you measure right, the tag end will be buried under the wraps and protected.

Nice clean strong looking knife!