I Forge Iron

Spacing for coat hooks

Put some coats on a coat rack and play with the distance separating them. You may want to use winter coats for this exercise as they take up more room.

the coats or business suits, or ladies dresses should not be jammed to closed together in order to enhance ease of use. And avoiding wrinkling.

SLAG.

Good Morning, Blake,

If you put your location in your Avatar, it will help us know what part of the Rock you are making a shadow.

Slag has it correct, YOU need to do a little homework. Are the hooks for Umbrellas or Sun Shades? It would be difficult to hang up two umbrellas, side by side at 2-3 inches. Now if you were hanging up Parka's, you would need a Parka Lot!! :>

Neil

Will these be mounted to a board mounted to a wall?  If so you need to start with what is the usual spacing of the (in the USA) 2"x4" in the wall. This will set the minimum length of the board.  Then take such a board and lay it out for the types of coats used in your location---light jackets, sweaters, vs parkas for instance.  You can even make several hooks and uses a piece of scrap wood to "try" out your spacing till you get one that looks "right".

Asking us without listing a location can end up with "we don't use coats in Tahiti; so spacing is moot" 

15 hours ago, swedefiddle said:

Good Morning, Blake,

If you put your location in your Avatar, it will help us know what part of the Rock you are making a shadow.

Slag has it correct, YOU need to do a little homework. Are the hooks for Umbrellas or Sun Shades? It would be difficult to hang up two umbrellas, side by side at 2-3 inches. Now if you were hanging up Parka's, you would need a Parka Lot!! :>

Neil

Hello Niel, I have put my location on my Avatar.  Thanks a lot for your advice!

5 hours ago, Adun Clebr said:

Blake, I'm making a coat rack for my son to keep from having to buy/purchase one.

I measured the one I am not having to buy to get my spacing.

Brad

Okay, Thanks Brad.