I Forge Iron

Well it was supposed to be a project

David Farmer

I picked this up as I've seen many times these old saw blades make very good knives. And there's a lot of steel in a 56" sawmill blade for projects let me tell ya. Unfortunately now I think it's way to nice a piece to sacrifice. Now if I can con my wife into painting a picture of Heaphaestus at the forge or something on it it's going to become my way to big, potentially deadly shop clock. Been having a heck of a time finding new steel in my area ( heard many horror stories of buying online) but I think I tracked one down today. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have some pics to share.

FB_IMG_1478465001171.jpg

That would be a cool looking clock. I used to drool over a 36" blade like that for a long time that hung on an old dog eared fence. I think the owners sold the house cause now the blade is gone and so is the fence lol. 

There's a good list of steel suppliers in the knife section. I have personally dealt with New Jersey steel baron and would recomend them to anyone. Send me a pm if you want and I might can lead you to a couple other people selling steel.