I Forge Iron

New old welder

Looks like it may be an early Miller AC only Dialarc. Those machines are tanks. I know a lot of guys who swear by old Airco's and their Miller cousins. I often see the Airco's go for next to nothing on CL compared to the Millers. I know a couple of guys who have the Airco versions of the  Miller 320/330 AB/P's that they bought for less than $300. Not bad for a 400+ amp AC/Dc tig.

Replaced power cord and fires up great.  All resurch I have done on it states that pre 1963 where all made by Miller.

I will get it all cleaned up and replace worn parts.  Miller still list and has parts for them.  

Generally the older stuff is way overbuilt, copper wound, etc---but you might check up on what tends to go bad and stock up ahead of time as inventories of repair parts can disappear with the stroke of a bean counter's mouse these days... I have an old Lincoln Tombstone that may very well be older than I am and I expect the grandkids will be fighting over it...reminds me that it's time to take the cover off, blow out the dust and check everything... 

I bought a lincoln ideal arc 250 about 20 years ago for less than scrap, some knowledgeable person had condemned as shorted but all that was wrong was the cooling fan had a dirt dauber nest stopping the fan. cleaned up, checked it out, worked great, 100% duty cycle up to 140 amps.

Ideal arc_002.jpg

Thomas I have a manuel coming from Miller and will start taking it apart and cleaning it up this weekend.

Michael I have my grandpas old thunder bolt.  He got it in the late 60s or early 70s.  Fun little welder.