I Forge Iron

Champion Blower No.5

IRTim

I went to buy a champion blower at auction today. I had to pass it up. I knew it was larger but I had to pass, It was to big to get in the vehicle we had with us haha. Sold for $80.00. Thing was awesome.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I own a Reed 108, 106 and a lot of other unnecessarily large items. It had my name all over it. The auction was 30mins from my house and I got dropped off knowing I might not get a ride home but I was to buy the blower and a Champion No.104 forge. I got the forge and I really wanted that blower! If it was my vehicle that sucker would be mine for sure. I thought I might be walking my forge home so I was stuck. I'm in Pa there's more. (Somewhere) Clearly not carrying that blower out of the woods and down the highway home haha. Moving to San Diego from Pa is going to be a big change, I don't know where I'm going to put anything! Real estate is top top dollar there! I have it easy here in Pa. My neighborhood has metal shops, iron shops, RR tracks, even a coal mill. Homes cost $40K. If I didn't get this stuff and only have this vehicle coming for me I'd a found a way to secure me having that totally unneeded blower! LoL

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh this is a good story too, as I was buying things at the auction I would walk over and place them in my forge. I turned and saw a woman pointing at me and jumping up and down. I turned and looked at the forge and had a 5-6ft black snake sticking his face in mine! I sat a hammer on him not noticing he'd found his a nice warm spot to lay in my forge. He wasn't to happy haha. I was thinking the whole time I better keep a eye on my forge incase someone tried to snake something from me. Sure enough I got snaked alright! 

Guard snake to keep your purchases secure?

Frosty: Next we will have to tell them to always keep a hank of rope (100 foot minimum) in the car at all times. And I am not talking about that little 1/4 inch diameter light weight rope either.

That's a good question. I went out a year and a half ago and got myself set up in PB and was going to be helping out a friend that has a business selling installs of TV's and touch screens to business's then I had to fly back east for my things and to drive my dog out. First my car caught fire, then I wrecked the van I bought after that and shook my head a little to hard keeping me here and all that was followed by finding out I have Graves disease so I'm running a little behind and have a lot of making up to do. I'm about broke now from it all so it's gonna be a adventure to figure everything out. 

Oh before I forget, the first thing I did after seeing the Champion No.5 was pull the skid and try to pick it up. It was on a skid for a reason. It would crush a car! Haha. It was also way to big to fit in one. That's a 4ft wide skid it's sitting on. Even with the door off that thing couldn't fit in a normal passenger vehicle. I am really bummed I didn't get it.. Oh well I have my eye on a 319lb Peter Wright coming up only two weeks anyway so time to start saving!