I Forge Iron

Hoping the vast knowledge here can identify this item

BIGGUNDOCTOR

I really couldn't guess,but if its iron with what looks like a leather handle it may be a cobblers' tool? just putting it out there seeing as no-one else has warranted a guess.

Doh'! just read the tag where it say wood oddity...so it just looked like iron in the pic i assume?if its made from wood then it could be anything...

Is it sitting upside-down?  What does the face that's on the table look like?

My guess is similar to the tailor's ham.  Back in the victorian days, there were all sorts of clothing bits and pieces that had to be blocked with an iron to be just the right shape or mended because you couldn't go to wal-mart and buy a new one for pocket change.

I think ( though I am not sure) it's a tool used for putting tacks in the soles of clogs etc. I lived close to an area here in Lancashire UK that was once over  the predominant area for making shoes - (when we had a poor working class and had a third of the world as our empire) once over and I have seen a lot of similar but not quite the same ( hence I am not 100%)  

The staff that did it were called clickers and they got paid piece work for thier labour 

Thanks for the replies, I'll do some research on them. 

The end that is up looked rough, so I was thinking that it may have been something like a variation of a milking stool with that being the foot.

From the grain pattern I am thinking possibly mahogany. 

As to it being a lap anvil of some sort, I would have thought the "tee" would be made flat,  not curved like this one.