I Forge Iron

Can someone point me to a book

natenaaron

Our local community college has no offerings for this stuff.  I am limited to books and the public library is totally lacking, so I am hoping someone here could point me to a instructive book on Mokume.  I am not looking for a Mokume guide for dummies type book.  I can handle harder stuff.  I want a good instructive book.

Anybody know of one they want to suggest?

I have purchased a great number of books and videos on the topic and find that the step from beginner to advanced is massive. I keep having to learn concepts well above my level of education in order to take the next step, but each step brings new joy and new questions. Welcome to the hamster wheel...

6 hours ago, Steve Sells said:

Already did.  If the list we already provided isnt enough , then I am sorry,  there isn’t any others  we can recommend.

Would those be the Ferguson and midget books that are over a hundred dollars each posted in 2014?  is there anything in print Steve?  but thanks for your help

Inter library loans, I found Ferguson for $12 in a used book store. and no one can afford Midgett at $500 :( I saw other books listed  MJ Hofbauer listed 4 that are still in print, but if you dont like those either I cant help you, there are not too many book  still in print.

4 hours ago, teenylittlemetalguy said:

I have purchased a great number of books and videos on the topic and find that the step from beginner to advanced is massive. I keep having to learn concepts well above my level of education in order to take the next step, but each step brings new joy and new questions. Welcome to the hamster wheel...

That's why I want to purchase the book. What do you have nd what do you suggest I begin with?  thanks for your help

14 hours ago, natenaaron said:

That's why I want to purchase the book. What do you have nd what do you suggest I begin with?  thanks for your help

I would have to say I really enjoyed Steve Midgett's book, but it can be wildly expensive.  I ended up borrowing a copy from the college and copying the pages I needed.   Ian Ferguson's book is great and exciting as it has some wild combinations but he is obviously well educated and had professional equipment to work with, he does a good job at telling you temps for solid state bonding though. 

If you have the basics down you will want to start wading into the advanced materials while practicing. IMHO it is the practice that is the most important.