I Forge Iron

65 pound Arm & Hammer Anvil Date

Can someone with an Anvils In America Book help me pin point a date on this little beauty.  I have wanted a small arm and hammer for so many years I kinda stopped looking. Perfect size for my leather craft and gunsmith work. 

35008 serial number

IMAG1873_zpsvrs9s4jl.jpg

IMAG1874_zpshfnoaddt.jpg

IMAG1875_zpsn5nbsim6.jpg

IMAG1880_zpsrlcc7jfh.jpg

IMAG1879_zpshscxtttl.jpg

Her you go bucket is acting up should be fixed now.

IMAG1881_zpsjai18snx.jpg

IMAG1875_zpsn5nbsim6.jpg

IMAG1878_zpsdyiwrjef.jpg

IMAG1874_zpshfnoaddt.jpg

IMAG1873_zpsvrs9s4jl.jpg

16 minutes ago, Black Frog said:

Can you please post a closeup picture of the side logo and the serial number?  I'd like to add it to the A&H logo database!

great eye on the Fagersta Bruk Mark on nines colombian over on GJ

I think that is the direction I might head unless something else catches my eye.  I have a couple more power pole upper beams like i did for the 208 lb A&H. I think i posted photos on here somehwere of that stand.  Just had a big oak trimmed so I have rounds but they are a little too short I think.

20 hours ago, smfg_mendo said:

Thanks!  I need to figure out a stand and mount for this little guy now.  Not sure what to do any ideas for small anvils are appreciated.

I'm a recent convert to steel anvil stands, having welded up the one in my avatar pic. My anvil's only a bit bigger than yours (148#), but fastening it tightly to the steel stand doubled its effective weight.

I noticed while looking at the 4th picture that underneath the word arm and hammer that it looks like someone's initials (J.N.S.) do yall think that it is one of the previous owners? That's a sweet looking anvil! Would be a good size maybe for a workbench when laying out cold steel.

Littleblacksmith

2 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

I noticed while looking at the 4th picture that underneath the word arm and hammer that it looks like someone's initials (J.N.S.) do yall think that it is one of the previous owners? That's a sweet looking anvil! Would be a good size maybe for a workbench when laying out cold steel.

Littleblacksmith

yes I saw that as well.  there is a little story with it.  they guy I got it from picked it up from the local retired shop teacher In the small town where my wide grew up.  those are not his initials so I'm trying to get in touch with the shop teacher to find out where he got it.  the guy I got it from Sam the shop teacher had it for a long time.  the shop teacher was the only reason my father in law graduated high school!! 

2 hours ago, JHCC said:

Great job drawing out that penny!

thanks I should be rich in no time! 

nice stand it gives me a few ideas.